Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Great Month!

I'm so encouraged by the things that have happened in the last month!
At the end of the finals period, the Athens team traveled to northern Greece for a weekend with the Agape group in Thessaloniki. We enjoyed traveling to Philippi and learning about all that God did during Paul's travels to the city. Joining the groups encouraged all of us in our faith and in our hope that the Lord will do mighty things to draw people close to Himself across Greece.
Guff and I went up early and helped the staff and student leaders with some training in leading group discussions that help people to grow in their faith.


This spring is full of visitors! People are coming in to join us nearly every week of the semester. We've loved having them jump right in! The visits from new and old friends have given us great opportunities to talk about faith in new ways. I got my favorite visit for my birthday when my boyfriend, Bryan, came for the week. I loved having him here!
This week part of the Agape Student team from Florence joins us. We're beginning our focus on Easter with surveys about Jesus' life, death and resurrection. On Friday we'll host an art party where students will express their thoughts on the resurrection in creative ways. Next week we'll post signs about the resurrection on campus, offer Bibles and resource books, and show the Jesus film before students leave for the break.

Please pray with us that God will draw us all close to Him. Ask Him to open eyes to see His goodness and open hearts to trust Him for real, abundant life. I want this Easter to be a time where many students enjoy new life in Christ!

No comments: