Friday, April 23, 2010

We're engaged!




Last weekend Bryan surprised me with a visit and a ring. My friends, Mike and Peggy, and I took a day trip to Hydra. We got off the ferry and walked around the boardwalk of the cove toward the coast. I did a double take when I saw Bryan sitting on a bench and said, “That’s my boy!” I was honored when he got on his knee and asked me to marry him. I love thinking about life with him.

Bryan’s an incredible man. He’s a physician in rural Missouri and he serves with conviction and compassion. I love the way he walks closely with Christ and ministers out of the overflow of God’s grace in his own life. He’s more than I ever imagined that God would give me in a partner for life and ministry. And he’s a lot of fun!

We’re hoping to secure a date in August for a wedding, hopefully in Colorado. Then I’ll move to Missouri. We’re excited about God’s calling for us in the area where Bryan lives and we’re excited to continue to be connected to world missions through my work with Campus Crusade.

You can pray with us that the Lord will continue to make His path straight in everything from wedding details to building the foundation for our marriage. We’re so grateful for your prayers and for your friendship!

11 comments:

Daniel said...

MARTA! Congratulations! I think about our train ride in December when you first told us about Bryan, then I think about that big ol' ring on yo' finger, and then I think about just how faithful God is. He's good, and I'm so excited for what He has ready for you guys.

Unknown said...

Marta, That is so cool. Congratulations. I am so excited for you and for your future. Bryan is very wise for choosing you and he must be a very special guy for you to say yes. I hope I get to meet him someday. Blessings to you both,
Brad

Blohoweak said...

Congratulations! May God bless both of you as you serve the Lord together in the future. As for now, keep up the good work in Greece!

Jon said...

Yay for you Marta!!!! Congratulations!

Cici said...

Harry and I are so excited for you. I love the way God works! Congratulations, and enjoy the ride.

Angela said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)
Jeff and I are so happy for you! God is so good to us, isn't He?! We just celebrated our 15th anniversary yesterday and so think of all the special things God has ahead for you both.
Our love and prayers to the both of you,
Jeff and Angie :)

Nancy Harrison said...

Marta,

CONGRATULATIONS!! We're so happy for you and Bryan. God's timing is perfect.

Love,

Tom and Nancy Harrison

Krista said...

Congrats! Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing. Matt and I are excited for you guys!

Jessica Bott said...

Marta, I'm so thrilled for you! I'll remember to pray for you both as you prepare for the wedding, life together and saying goodbye to Greece. Much love, my friend!

D----> Doings said...

Congratulations, Marta! Just found your blog via my sisters' so was "catching up" a bit. How exciting for you both! Sounds like a neat man. We're just moving from Missouri; like it here pretty well, hope you do too! God bless.
~Valerie (Jones)

EBCAN said...

Congratulations, Marta! Bryan will be so blessed to have you as his wife!!!! I am so happy for you!!!

Love, Elizabeth