Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Field Training


Staff said they enjoyed our field training last week. Our sessions on growing as leaders, sharing our faith, and leading students gave them tangible next steps for their ministries.
Conversations with students encouraged me last week. We set out to talk with students about the things we’re currently learning from the Lord and our conversations were enjoyable and good.
-Paige and I met three girls at the Polytech. They felt like friends after spending a half an hour with them. We laughed and shared stories and talked about what we believed. One said that it was amazing that she met us—that she’d never thought about spiritual things much before recently. She’s made some friends that don’t believe in God and she wants to figure out what she believes. She was excited that I had a Bible I could give her—she even had me sign it. Both she and another of the girls came to a party we had later in the week.
-Katerina and I met another three girls at the economics faculty downtown. They’ve spent time studying abroad, so we felt like we had a connection. We talked about all kinds of things- even the problem of evil. One of the girls asked how we can trust God to protect us when we see people victimized who believe in Him all over the world. I appreciated the deep discussion and hope for more good conversations with these girls.

No comments: