I wrote an update for you last week, but it became a printed letter because it became so detailed. In it I told about a very encouraging conversation with an influential student leader at the University of Athens named Sakis.
Here are some highlights from the conversation:
Me: “Greek students tell me that they want change in Greek society; what do you think will bring the change that’s needed in Greece?”
Sakis: “ I don’t know. I can’t bring change. I just want to help people. My first year no one helped me and I was lost.”
Me: “Why can’t you bring change? You seem to have influence. You have character. You care about people. Why can’t you be part of bringing change?”
Sakis: ”I have seen people who are a lot better than me try and they failed. They couldn’t do it.”
About Jesus,
Sakis: “We need Jesus. We need Jesus to come here. He would change things.”
Me:”How do you think Jesus would change things?”
Sakis: “He would make things better. We would be better. I would be better. I am a very bad person.”
About the Easter holiday coming up,
Sakis said that he thought that Easter was a good time for personal reflection, even if someone didn’t believe. He said he wasn’t sure if he believed.
Me: “I believe. I believe because Jesus has changed me. He’s given me the change we talked about.”
Sakis: “I want to believe. Resurrection is what we need.”
More details on the conversation in the link to my letter on the right.
I'm so grateful for you!
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
help!
can anyone help me post my prayer letter so people can read it?
thanks!
marta
Post a Comment