It’s been such a joy to be back on the San Diego Summer Project! 170 staff and students have gathered to grow in our relationships with the Lord and to reach out to the community in San Diego. We’re off to a good start—taking steps of faith, studying the Word, talking with people on campus and on the beach about the Lord. Some of them have even placed their trust in Him already!
I’m really enjoying our group this year! If you’d like to keep tabs on us, go to http://www.thesdsp.com/?page_id=85 . That link has a picture of me and you can navigate from there to see what God’s doing here.
Our summer project in Athens is going well too. 45 students and staff are making friends, distributing flyers, and holding Bible discussion groups. It’s exciting to have so much help on the ground in Athens!
Thank you for praying for my travel, for our staff situation, and for people to mow my yard. I had a great trip with my sister. We gained four staff women and we only needed three! And I’ve gotten the help I need with my lawn. Thank you!
Things you can pray for …
-Spiritual growth. I’m asking that the Lord will draw us all close to Him and make us more like Himself (2 Corinthians 3:18).
-Jobs for project students. These are ministry locations for us where students learn to minister to those around them in the work place. They also help students to make money to go to school in the fall.
-Rest for our leadership team. We’ve had extra loads this year with the job situation and some issues that have arisen on the project.
Many of us are sick. Please pray for the Lord to give us refreshment and rest.
Thank you! I’m so grateful for you!
Marta
No comments:
Post a Comment