
We’ve had a great first couple of weeks with students! We’ve enjoyed reconnecting with old friends and meeting new ones. I don’t think I’ve left campus on any of our school days without having a significant conversation with Greeks about the things that matter most to them. Many of them have expressed a desire in spiritual things. Seven different individuals have attended at least one of our group discussions over the book of John—either a Wednesday afternoon coffee time or a Monday night dinner and discussion.
• Some of my favorite thoughts from Greek students:
• Being a child of God means being fully accepted and loved.
• One thing that sticks out to me from our discussions last year is that Christianity is the only religion that is a religion of love.
• We Greeks are very practical. We study engineering or economics. I’ve never studied metaphysics (spiritual things, the Bible), but I think I’d like to.
• You study the Bible? Can Greeks come? I’d like to come.
• I’m not religious, but I talk to God.
• I’ve never even touched a Bible before.
• I really like your group.
• Of course I liked the discussion. I would have left if I didn't.
Please pray that God would draw us all close to Him, as the Author and Perfecter of faith.
No comments:
Post a Comment