Monday, October 19, 2009

to the other a sweet aroma from life to life

I loved Carolina’s answer to the first application question in our discussion about John 3 tonight. My friend, Jeremy, asked, “What is one thing that you’d like to learn from Jesus?” And Carolina said, “I’d like to learn about His forgiveness.”

Carolina has come to both of our Monday night dinner and discussion times. At the first one, she said things like:
• I need the light. I can’t do what’s right on my own.
• I learned last year with Paige that sometimes we need God to help us love other people. There was someone I had a problem loving. I couldn’t love her. So I had to depend on the Light to show me how.
• When talking about applying the passage— Sometimes I just need to stop thinking. I need to rest and trust and stop trying to figure things out. (It reminded me of Psalm 131.)

Tonight she said that a higher power has been speaking to her, telling her that He wants her to search for more in her life. She also said that she’d like for Jesus to tell her which voices inside her are good and which are bad. I’m praying that He will answer all of her questions and desires with great clarity.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Thanks for this Marta. It really brings me so much joy and tears to my eyes. It is so encouraging to see what God is doing in her life. I'll be praying!!